RSS Feed

Early to bed, early to rise (kind of).

Because I went to sleep so early last night, I was up pretty early (for me). Let me tell you, there is nothing that throws your schedule off like being unemployed. I had originally planned to go to a 9:00am step class, but I slept right through it that didn’t work out quite as I had hoped. I woke up around 9:45 and got ready for a 10:30am Pump class instead. I grabbed a couple of plums on the way out the door and ate them on the way there. I’m one of those weirdos who like their stone fruits rock hard, and these were kind of soft and grainy. Not preferable, but I ate them anyway. I got to the gym with just enough time to set up my bar and bench and stretch a little. Then it was time to work!


After Pump, I did 10 minutes on the arc trainer and 10 minutes on the treadmill. I have a few events coming up that I need to start training for so skipping cardio is not an option. Look for a goals/events/training page soon on Everyday Folks!

I left the gym feeling great. Sweaty and starving, but great. When I got home, I saw that Mike’s car was still here. Uh oh! My baby is sick and stayed home from work today. He rarely calls in sick to work, so I knew he really wasn’t feeling well. Poor thing. We were both hungry, so I made us a quick lunch. I had what is starting to become the usual. Fresh fruit and a turkey wrap. Hey, if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. Right? I also had a gallon of water. Pump makes me SO thirsty.

I have a new affinity for drinking out of mason jars. I snagged this one from our friend's wedding last month.

Pre-roll up.

Mike requested hot dogs and a peanut butter sandwich. Not together, don’t worry. To brighten up his day, I did a little something special with his hot dogs. 

Yes, my husband is 31-years-old and he still thought this was awesome.

Shortly after we ate Mike slipped into a coma took a nap and I worked on a few things. I take time out of each day to sit down and scour the Internet for open job postings. I’ve applied for over fifty jobs in the past three days alone. Hopefully something comes along soon. I also did a little writing. One thing I love so much about this blog is having to write at least once a day. I’m sure it would help if I woke up earlier to make more time for multiple posts, but I’m still getting the hang of it. Today marks exactly one week from my first post. Thank you to everyone who reads on a daily basis and to all of my new subscribers and Twitter followers!

Here’s a funny bunny picture for you!

She really enjoys chocolate chip cookie dough.

I’m currently trying to decide if I’m going to go back to the gym for round 2. Hope everyone is having a great day!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: